Saturday, March 7, 2020

SOL20 Day 7

This morning I attended one of my daycare students 2nd birthday party. It was bittersweet to see this kid turn two. I have had him in my class since he was an infant. Everytime I moved up a room, he moved with me. Next week he will officially move up to the two year old room... without me. He has been attached to my hip for a year and a half. He is my daycare baby. Seeing him go from a colic baby to a smart and funny toddler brings me so much joy. I will miss the morning hugs and silly giggles but I am excited to see what he will learn in his new room.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet! Sometimes it's hard letting go of them, isn't it? :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s so sweet that you got to attend his party. I’m sure he’ll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I've never taught little ones, but I felt this same sadness and excitement when my students (high school seniors) moved on!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...