Friday, March 6, 2020

SOL20 Day 6

Yesterday I did my first interactive read aloud. I expected to be really nervous before but surprisingly I wasn’t. I felt really calm and prepared. It was the support of my mentor teacher, my classroom partner, and my professor that gave me the confidence I needed to do it. My kindergarten students were very excited that I was going to read to them. On Tuesday my partner read them The Three Little Pigs. My lesson was centered around having them identify the similarities and differences between the story she read and the story I read (The Three Little Superpigs Once Upon A Time). As I was reading they jumped in on the parts they knew and they were eager to answer all my questions throughout the story. As I was reaching the end of the read aloud I thought what else can I ask them because I don’t want this to end. The feeling of being in front of the class as their teacher was exciting!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! Are you in your education program still? Teaching is so great because of all the moments just like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am in the education program at Sam Houston!

      Delete
  2. All of your emotions really came through this piece. The unexpected calm and the joy you found along the way. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first interactive read aloud! It's clear that you and your students enjoyed it! And how exciting to be at the beginning of your teaching career! (... or is that an incorrect assumption?)

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...