Saturday, March 14, 2020

SOL20 Day 14

This has been one of the longest weeks. With all the changes that have been made, things are stressful to say the least. What will school look like for the remainder of the semester? Will my job be open next week? How will I make ends meet if I am not working? The constant worry runs through my mind. But the worry for myself drifts to the back of my mind when I think about all the students who have been displaced and don’t have food to eat. I want to help these students in any way I can. With the extended spring break I will volunteer at my local church. They are collecting food and supplies and delivering it to those who are struggling. I believe in the power of prayer but I also believe in the power of people. Everyone is affected by this virus in some way, but together we can help each other get through it.

7 comments:

  1. I also believe in the power of people...and I am seeing it played out all around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Power of People - what a great saying. It takes away our sense of hopelessness and channels it into something positive

    ReplyDelete
  3. The power of people is amazing. I am trying to focus on all the good I see around me instead of the negative people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful and thought-provoking reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You send a powerful message out despite your own struggles. You are a blessing. You are right we are all affected by this but will get through it if we keep sticking together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The power of people...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Everyone is affected by this virus in some way, but together we can help each other get through it."

    Yes to this! This is key for all of us. We're in this together and we need to work to get through it together. Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...