Sunday, March 15, 2020

SOL20 Day 15

This weekend was very much needed. I got to relax and do things that were completely for me. Saturday I got to sleep in which was so nice. I am usually an early riser so it isn’t something I do very often. I got to do some cleaning that was long overdue. I don’t consider cleaning relaxing, but there is something about the feeling when it’s done that is. After cleaning I started reading the book Refugee by Alan Gratz. I’m about a third of the way through it and it is really good. This morning I sat on the couch with my coffee and watched a movie. I wasn’t interrupted and didn’t have to worry about any unfinished homework. It was peaceful. Tonight I am babysitting and I love babysitting. I have watched these kids many times but it has been a few months. They are very sweet and full of energy. I think I am just as excited to see them as they are to see me!
This is Chase. He is one of the two kids I will be watching tonight.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed the time with the kiddos. Cute pic. I could feel a sense of relaxation and calm as I read your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are good at keeping calm! It's especially hard with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend of relaxation sounds wonderful. Relaxing is always good for the soul. BTW - Refugee is one of my favorite books. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh. The feeling after the cleaning is priceless. You captured that well. Glad you got to take some time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had fun with the kids. That Chase is a super-cutie!

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...