Friday, March 13, 2020

SOL20 Day 13

In spite of everything that is going wrong in the world today, I want to share about one of my favorite days. In honor of my brother and sister-in-laws two year anniversary, my story is about the day I got to be a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding. It is one of my favorite days because it was a day full of love and happiness. I also gained a new sister that I absolutely adore. 

My brother and I have been through a lot together. Our childhood wasn’t all rainbows and sunshine but we made it because we had each other. So when I was asked to be a part of his big day I was honored. As someone that isn’t emotional seeing his beaming smile as his bride walked down the aisle brought tears to my eyes. I was the happiest I had ever seen him. 

I knew he was nervous before the wedding, not about actually getting married, but about all the people who would be at the wedding. I was just as nervous. People we had not seen or talked to in a long time would be there. People who were the reason or childhood was rough would be there. All these people were invited to the wedding because apparently that is just what you do for family. I knew he didn’t want them there and wished they wouldn’t show just like I did, but they did. We talked about it many times before his wedding day and I assured him that it would all be okay, and it was. Everyone that attended was polite and loving; even if it was just for show. 

That night the speeches were sweet. There was laughter and happy tears. Everyone had an amazing time watching these two celebrate their love. It was a day full of moments that made great memories we will cherish forever.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory to capture. Your bond with your brother feels strong. I’m glad the day turned out great. It sounds like you both deserved that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so clear how much you love your brother. How wonderful that the two of you have each other!

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...