Thursday, March 12, 2020

SOL20 Day 12

So this whole virus situation has become something that initially was a little scary but has now become a bit ridiculous. I understand that it should be taken seriously but when going to the grocery to grab tampons becomes an hour long trip it starts to feel out of hand. I wish I was joking when I say that people were literally raking food off the shelves into their carts. I watched several people with multiple carts filled to the top rushed through the store nearly taking each other out. I don't understand the mad dash for toilet paper. This virus doesn’t include explosive diarrhea so why the need for so much tp? 

Now they are closing schools and this is what really upsets me. At my school they extended spring break for another week and made all face to face classes online classes for the remainder of the semester. I don’t know what this means for my literacy block class that requires field experience but I am absolutely devastated that I wont get to sit in this class again. I look forward to going to this class and it has made a huge impact on me as a future teacher. I made friends for life in that class and I will miss seeing them twice a week. While I am grateful that no one I know and love has gotten sick with COVID-19, it sure has had a negative impact on me.

4 comments:

  1. This totally is insane. I’m in the better safe than sorry camp... but also yeah like some people need to really assess their TP needs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear your pain and discomfort. I too am already missing my students and not sure what is up with toilet paper; however, I must admit I ordered it on Amazon b/c I needed it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is impacting everyone. The stores were out of this world today. People are scared. There is so much unknown. Hang in there and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are getting crazy here. I know our mayor is trying to figure out what to do if he closes our schools -- so many kids would go hungry if not for breakfast and lunch at school. The governor has ordered our public university to shift everything online. So many people wearing masks and gloves. Everyone's stressed. I'm looking forward to when I get to shift to working at home! Hope you and yours stay well through it all!

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...