Wednesday, March 11, 2020

SOL20 Day 11


Rodeo 2019
This spring break I was scheduled to work every day. Money is tight right now and I had to take advantage of the hours. The only thing I had to look forward to this spring break was the rodeo concert I was going to take my sisters to. Every year for their birthday I get them tickets to the rodeo and this year we were set to see Kane Brown. Today was the day we had these plans. I was excited and so were they. I needed one evening of fun. I planned to get off work early so we could head up there. Unfortunately my boss informed me just before I got off that the rodeo has been cancelled permanently. Usually things like this wouldn't bother me but a break is long overdue. As someone who isn’t an emotional person I wanted to cry. I saved up the money to get those tickets just for it to be wasted. When I got home I had to break the news to my sisters and they were as crushed as I was. Sadly spring break is a bust.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you maybe found something else to do. I’m sorry your plans we’re cancelled. That sounds so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your plans were dashed! I hope you and your sisters come up with a new plan for celebrating their birthday.

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...