Tuesday, March 3, 2020

SOL20 Day 3

A day in the life of a daycare teacher

Today was quite an interesting day in my one year old classroom. My class consists of ten one year old toddlers; all with very active and silly personalities. One of my lovely students decided he was going to repeat every word I said all day long. It was as if I had my own personal echo. At some point in the day you would think he would have gotten distracted and found something else to do but he didn’t. When I told one of his friends to keep her shoes on; he was right behind me leaning over and repeating "shoe on." At lunch, as I passed out each child's cup I said their name, and sure enough as each name came out of my mouth it came out of his too. One of my co-teachers whispered to me that she doesn't know how I haven't told him to stop. My response to her was that he is learning new words as he repeats what I say. It isn't something I found to be annoying or frustrating, I was proud that I was helping him learn. After all, that is what we are supposed to be doing as daycare TEACHERS!

4 comments:

  1. I adore your perspective and your patience with your little echo! What a wise teacher you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun age and a great perspective! You are encouraging great learning in these little people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how I could feel your patience and hear your voice through the writing. You know, copying is a form of flattery. I'm sure this little one admires you and learns a lot from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto everything Jenna said! Your patience comes through in your telling, and so does your obvious enjoyment of the work you do!

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...