Friday, March 20, 2020

SOL20 Day 20

I would be lying if I said the stress hasn’t started to set in. Today my hours got cut even more. My next paycheck will be less than half of what it usually is. As someone who only works part time while going to school, it won’t be much. My only option right now is to get a second job.

Next week school picks back up online. Most students would be thrilled that they don’t have to actually go to campus but for me that is not the case. I learn better in a face to face setting. School is my happy place and my escape from home. I love being in class (especially this semester!) with my peers and my professor. I wouldn’t call myself the class clown but I like to lighten the mood of the room whenever appropriately possible! I will miss the lunch time conversations and stories. I will also miss my field experience students. I wish I would have known it was the last time I was going to get to see them.

3 comments:

  1. 😭😭😭 I feel ya! I wish I had known it was the last time we'd see each other too. I'm sorry your hours are getting cut. I heard grocery stores were hiring...let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line! This is all big and impacts so many things. I know you’ll make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the hardest parts of all of this, isn't it, realizing that our last in-person interaction with someone is just that, the last one. At least for the next long while. It feels weird, like being cheated. I'm feeling it all the time. Can you set up some virtual get togethers with your class? Google Meet and Zoom and keeping me connected to some of the folks I miss. It's not the same as being together, but it helps.

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...