Tuesday, March 17, 2020

SOL20 Day 17


With school being cancelled my younger siblings are home and they are enjoying their extended spring break. They went to Lake Conroe for a couple days last week. They rode jet skis, went fishing, and went swimming. Then the news started telling everyone that they need to be social distancing. They did not like to hear that they couldn’t spend time with their friends but they have made the most of it. I got off early today because the daycare is low in numbers and they are cutting hours. When I got home my older brother and his wife were there. I guess they are having setbacks at work as well. When I came in, I found all of them sitting around the table playing board games. This is something we haven’t been able to do for a while. Getting us all in one room with our crazy schedules is rare. I wasn’t happy about my hours being cut at work but I got something more valuable than money, I got time with family.

2 comments:

  1. So many blessings if we just stop to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote today about enjoying my alone time during this season of social distancing ... and then I click over and read your post and miss my wacky family and our love of board games. They are states away from me, so I can't hang out with them until this lock-down period has ended. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family having fun while staying safe. :)

    ReplyDelete

SOL20 Day 31

Today is the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge. For me this is a huge accomplishment. Thirty one days of writing by choice. I have nev...